generic for ISTALOL
Timolol Maleate Warnings
Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. Some conditions may become worse when you suddenly stop this drug. Some people who have suddenly stopped taking similar drugs have had chest pain, heart attack, and irregular heartbeat. If your doctor decides you should no longer use this drug, he or she may direct you to gradually decrease your dose over 1 to 2 weeks. When gradually stopping this medication, it is recommended that you temporarily limit physical activity to decrease strain on the heart. Seek immediate medical attention if you develop chest pain/tightness/pressure, chest pain spreading to the jaw/neck/arm, unusual sweating, trouble breathing, or fast/irregular heartbeat.
- It is very important that you take or use this exactly as directed. Do not skip doses or discontinue unless directed by your doctor.
- May cause dizziness
- If you are pregnant or considering becoming pregnant you should discuss the use of this medication with your doctor or pharmacist.
- This drug may impair the ability to operate a vehicle, vessel (e.g., boat), or machinery. Use care until you become familiar with its effects.
- This medicine may be taken with or without food.
- Read the boxed warning information for this medication.
- INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; LIMITED DATA SUGGEST AMOUNT EXCRETED MINIMAL
- FDA C, reports of intrauterine growth retard;monitor fetus/infant for b-blockade